Thank you for your interest in contributing to About Leaders.
Help us provide the best possible content to the About Leaders community by reading these guidelines carefully and using them as a reference while writing and contributing your article.
Bio and Personal Photo
- Please include a personal bio of 60 words or less with your article submission. You may also provide any relevant links such as your company or personal website, and social media accounts.
- Please also include a personal photo of yourself.
- Articles should be about some facet of leadership; team work; motivation; communication; goal setting; and similar topics.
- Articles are one of the following formats: how-to, case study, topic research, personal experience or story, problem/solution, checklist.
- Articles should have a minimum of 500 words.
- Articles need to cite sources when necessary, particularly when referencing studies, statistics, and quotes. Please include a list of references at the end of the article if the relevant phrases/words are unable to be hyperlinked.
- The use of videos, photos, screenshots and other visual content is encouraged.
- Contributors are encouraged to use short paragraphs, interesting subheadings, and lists to highlight key concepts and action items.
- Whenever it is possible, real-life examples should be included, to demonstrate the concepts described.
Submissions Not Accepted
- Articles without a personal bio and headshot photo
- Articles that have already been published elsewhere.
- Articles without a clear focus, or are not organized to grab the reader’s attention.
- Articles less than 500 words.
- Op-ed style articles without clear benefit to readers.
- Promotional articles that favor one product over another or include promotional links. If you would like to submit a sponsored post instead, please fill out this form.
All articles published on About Leaders are edited.
We rarely edit them heavily, but we may add/change titles and subheadings, rework openings or conclusions, and correct grammar and spelling.
Exclusivity of About Leaders Posts
We can only consider articles that have not been previously published. However, authors of AboutLeaders can re-purpose their articles on here elsewhere with the following stipulations:
- There should be a two-week window between the time your article goes live on About Leaders and the time it is published on another site.
- All subsequent publication of your article must cite About Leaders as the original source and provide a link to the article on AboutLeaders.com (this will greatly help your overall exposure).