Thank you for your interest in contributing to About Leaders.
Help us provide the best possible content to the About Leaders community by reading these guidelines carefully and using them as a reference while writing and contributing your article.
- Articles should be about some facet of leadership; team work; motivation; communication; goal setting; and similar topics.
- Articles are one of the following formats: how-to, case study, topic research, personal experience or story, problem/solution, checklist.
- Articles must have a minimum of 1500 words for easy to rank for keywords, 2500 words for competitive keywords, and 3500 words to reach highly competitive keywords.
- Articles should cite sources when necessary, particularly when referencing studies, statistics, and quotes. Please include a list of references at the end of the article if the relevant phrases/words are unable to be hyperlinked.
- The use of videos, images, infographics, charts ans graphs, screenshots and other visual content is encouraged so your article will stand out.
- Contributors are encouraged to use short paragraphs, interesting subheadings, and lists to highlight key concepts and action items.
- Whenever it is possible, real-life examples should be included, to demonstrate the concepts described.
- Authors may place one promotional link in the author bio to promote the author’s business or product. Contact support if you wish to place a promotional link in the body of an article.
Submissions Not Accepted
- Articles without an author bio or head shot photo.
- Articles that have already been published elsewhere.
- Articles without a clear focus, or are not organized to grab the reader’s attention.
- Articles with less than 1500 words.
- Op-ed style articles without a clear benefit to readers.
- Promotional articles that favor one product over another.
All articles published on About Leaders are edited.
We rarely edit them heavily, but we may add/change titles and subheadings, rework openings or conclusions, and correct grammar and spelling.
Exclusivity of About Leaders Posts
We can only consider articles that have not been previously published. However, authors of About Leaders can re-purpose their articles on here elsewhere with the following stipulations:
- There should be a two-week window between the time your article goes live on About Leaders and the time it is published on another site.
- All subsequent publication of your article must cite About Leaders as the original source and provide a link to the article on About Leaders.com (this will greatly help your overall exposure).
Promotion and Social Media Distribution
Submit an Article
If you would like to submit an article, please fill out this form.